Master Divi Basics
Beginner • Design
Create an amazing website using the Divi theme! In this tutorial I will show you step by step how to create a website using the Divi Theme. An amazing theme that contains a front end editor that makes creating websites easier and faster than ever before! Disclaimer: The Divi theme costs money.
First I will show you how to get a domain name and webhosting. After getting that I will show you how to install and configure WordPress and get the Divi theme. After installing the Divi theme we will create the homepage using the Divi Builder.
The Divi builder is a front end editor that shows the result of your editing immediately. The Divi Builder works with Sections. In those sections you can place rows. Rows can have different amount of columns, and in those columns you can place modules. Modules like images, text, counter, contact form and more. Using Sections, Rows and Modules you can create your website with ease and save a lot of time in comparison with other themes and builders and editors.
Divi also has the possibility to import premade pages with a few clicks. That is a real timesaver! So just look at what kind of page you want to create, import a page like that and adjust it.
You can use the themes and plugins on unlimited websites and even can pay a one time fee so you can use all the themes and plugins unlimited times for the rest of your life! It is an amazing choice for website builders!
What You’ll Learn
The Basics of setting up a site.
How to work inside WordPress
How to get Divi and install it properly
Understanding the settings of Divi
Creating pages in Divi with templates
Copying pages in Divi
Creating pages from scratch.
Sections of the Training
In this section we walk through the steps of creating a website from scratch.
- Getting a domain
- Getting a hosting package
- Installing WordPress
- Connecting your Domain to your hosting
- Installing an SSL
- Understanding the basics of SEO
In this section we walk through in detail the WordPress interface and how to set it up properly.
- What are pages
- How to use the media library
- What are posts and projects
- Settings for wordpress
- Installing Divi
- What are child themes
- How to build a menu
- What are plugins
- What plugins do I need
This is where we dig in to the power of Divi. We walk through how the interface of divi works and what are the best settings.
- Understanding Divi interface
- Theme Options
- Theme Customizer
- General settings
- Header and Navigation
- Menu customization
Using the Divi Builder
This is the main section of the course. This is where we teach you how to build pages.
- Building pages with Premade layouts
- Duplicating an existing page
- Building from Scratch
- Hero Sections
- Images, Padding and Margins
- Parallax settings
- Gradient Overlays
- Custom Button Styles
- Duplicating and Moving sections, rows and modules
- Linking Moduales
- Advanced Gradients
- Blurb Modules with Icons
- Hover Effects
- Copying Columns
- Borders and Gutter Width
- Pricing Tables
- Person Modules
- Background overlays
- Full Width Columns
- Map Embeds
- Code Module
- Left Blurb
- Animated Counters
- Advanced Form Building with CF7 and Divi
- Building Footers in WordPress
Master Divi Basics
Rod Kesselring is a veteran web builder of 20 yrs. He has professionally taught for many years and has now created this course to enable anyone to learn to build beautiful websites that rank well on Google.
6 hrs 30min
MASTER DIVI Basics
Are you struggling to learn how to build a website that not only looks great but also ranks well right out of the gate?
- You need a computer with an internet connection and a browser.
- You need a working internet connection to watch the video’s or download them to your device.
- You don’t need to have any coding or programming skills.
- You will learn how to create a website on your own computer but if you want to get a domain name and webhosting there are some costs involved.
- You need at least $80 – for the Divi theme we use in this course, or have a copy of Divi.